So it’s Friday which means I am going to write a short post about 5 things the past week that made me smile, or simply made my week tick! It’s important to take a step back and acknowledge what you are grateful for, no matter how small it may seem.
- Going to the zoo on Wednesday …… I hadn’t been to the zoo in YEARS! I went on Wednesday with family and had a ball! The weather was fab, all the kids were in great form, and I felt like I had been transported back in time to being 5 again! I felt so nostalgic of my childhood and I always have had great memories of the zoo, so it was lovely to bring Ellie for the first time. I was also lucky enough to see the newest addition to the Elephants, he still has no name but he was less than 48hours old when we saw him and SO cute!
- Bringing Ellie to her first music class! Again, another ‘first’ for Ellie that I relished being there for! She had so much fun. She spent the whole time kicking her legs and squealing to the music. There is nothing better than seeing your baby smile and giggle! It is such an amazing feeling.
- I got confirmation that a request to reduce my working hours was sanctioned. I am absolutely terrified of the financial impact, but if I never take the dive to see how we manage, I will spend the rest of my years raising Ellie wishing I had more time with her. I have a part time job on the side that is closer to home I used to work at (and loved!) that I will be going back to ,so hopefully that eases the financial pressure. As I always say ….. ‘it’ll be grrrrrand!’
- I got to meet Pippa O’Connor on Saturday! She’s one of my biggest idols and an absolute LADY! She couldn’t have been any kinder or engaging. I was totally lost for words for what to say to her…. her beauty is distracting! Lol!
- A simple one….. I have had food in my belly, clothes on my back and a roof over my head the past week. If that’s not something to be hugely grateful for and happy about then I don’t know what is!